Whether you need to repair or replace your existing roof, the first thing to do is sort through the many roofing contractors in Maryland. Your roof is a major investment and you don’t want to leave it in the hands of an inexperienced company. Choosing a roofing company that offers the lowest price isn’t usually the best decision since you’ll likely experience a host of costly issues in the long-term. Once you narrow down some of the best roofing companies in Maryland, it’s time to get them on the phone and ask them some important questions to determine the right fit. Here are the basic questions to ask.
Here are the 4 most important questions you want to make sure that you ask your roofing contractor:
1. Are You Licensed And Insured?
Any reputable roofing company will be licensed and fully insured, but you still have to ask the question. Assuming they are could get you in trouble if there happens to be an injury on your property by one of their contractors. It’s not out of line to request a copy of the license and insurance papers just to have in your files. The hope is you will never have to use them, but it’s a good idea so you can protect yourself if needed.
2. Will You Use Subcontractors?
Many roofing companies in Maryland will use subcontractors to complete parts of the job. There usually isn’t a problem with this, as the company wouldn’t use those subcontractors if they completed subpar work. However, you need to ensure the subcontractors are licensed and insured as well. It also doesn’t hurt to ask whether they have the necessary experience to do the job right the first time.
3. Can You Give Me A List of References?
It can be very valuable to speak to past customers about their roofing project to help you narrow down your options. Asking a roof repair expert for a list of references and completed projects can give you great insight as to how good the company is. They may do solid work, but a past customer may indicate the contractors were unprofessional and didn’t clean up after themselves every day. Things like this may or may not be important to you, but hearing a past customer’s perspective can offer some great insight.
4. Will You Provide A Detailed Written Proposal Before Beginning The Roofing Process?
Never enter an agreement for a roofing project based on a handshake. All of the details need to be presented to you in writing before the project begins. This includes exactly what work is going to be done, what is not going to be done and what the cost of all of these services will be. Most roofing contractors in Maryland will provide you with this information up front, but it’s still important to ask to be sure you get everything you can in writing.
Maryland Roofing Company takes great pride in being completely transparent with customers. We will answer any questions you have as completely and thoroughly as possible to ensure you are comfortable with our services. We understand there are plenty of roofing companies in Maryland to choose from, but we will go above and beyond to serve your best interests. Feel free to give us a call at any time and we would be happy to assist you with any of your roofing needs.
16 Additional Questions To Ask Your Roofing Contractor
Here is a list of other questions that you can keep handy when hiring a roofing contractor:
1. What training does your team have? Is the training sufficient to provide me with the expertise and roofing services that I need?
2. When can my roofing job be scheduled?
3. How long will the roofing service take to complete?
4. What objectives does your team have to ensure the safety of your workers?
5. What objectives does your team have to guarantee the safety of my home and my family?
6. How will your team access my home’s roof?
7. What is your team’s plan concerning materials that will be torn off of my home’s roof?
8. What steps will your team take concerning work performed during cold weather?
9. What steps will your team take to secure my property?
10. Who can I get in touch with during or after the roofing project is completed?
11. What are the steps that your team will take for my roofing project?
12. What is the payment process for your company?
13. Could you provide evidence to show that my roof needs this specific roofing project completed?
14. Is reroofing or a roof replacement the better option for my home’s roof?
15. Are there leaks in my attic? If so, could you provide evidence and advice as to how to go about this both exteriorly and interiorly?
16. Will I receive any utility rebates or tax credits on my new roof?
Looking for a roofing service? Our experts at Maryland Roofing Company don’t only have extensive roofing experience, but also a deep understanding of construction. Contact us at 410-716-4414 and trust us to get the job done right for you.